Support the Medair emergency response team to manage and support the community engagement activities part of Medair’s interventions in Nord Kivu in the response to the Ebola virus disease outbreak. The Community Engagement Manager will work with the health and hygiene promoters to effectively engage with all layers of the community about the Ebola virus disease.
- Post-graduate degree in the humanitarian sector or other relevant field. Health, social work, or psychology background or education (community health, social worker, nurse, midwife or doctor), or Public Health degree desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written). Swahili desirable.
- 2 years’ post-qualification professional experience.
- At least 1 year humanitarian experience where you worked with or observed health programming.
- Strong written and verbal skills in French.
- Able to take initiatives and speak confidently.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, Sphere and HAP Standard.