The Associate is responsible for supporting the Global Health Council (GHC) team in its work to connect and mobilize advocates, implementers, and stakeholders around global health priorities worldwide. We are able to carry out our work through a diverse membership of global health organizations. Our members serve to raise awareness and catalyze action around important global health issues. From being active participants in GHC’s advocacy work to highlighting critical global health issues in the developing world, GHC members make up an important constituency driving forward the global health agenda. The Associate will have the opportunity to work with our members and partners alongside passionate staff and board representatives to leverage the power of collaboration for investments and progress in global health.
The work is fast-paced and the culture is conducive for growth. Direct responsibilities include supporting GHC’s communications platforms, coordinating key events and delegations, and supporting a range of administrative functions. See below for list of major responsibilities.
- Monitor general inboxes, including answering email inquiries and evaluating emails for newsworthy content;
- Craft daily social media posts (via Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) and occasional toolkits for major GHC events and campaigns;
- Update website content (through WordPress) on a weekly basis with member blog posts, events, advocacy updates, and global health news;
- Liaise with members on a regular basis to collect communications content (i.e. newsletter member spotlight and blogs) and contact information;
- Coordinate weekly newsletters by soliciting content from members and partners, drafting blurbs, and formatting email communication through Neon (GHC’s member database);
- Update databases with essential information on members, donors, and other constituents or partners
- Create dashboards to track progress on key organizational metrics
- Support GHC’s Board of Directors, including scheduling meetings for committees and preparing relevant materials for Board meetings.
- Coordinate events and delegations, from event planning (e.g. drafting invitations, securing venue logistics, managing RSVPs) to event execution (e.g. day-of logistics) to event evaluation (e.g. thank you notes, post-event surveys, etc.)
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 2-4 years of prior work experience including communications and/or administrative/logistics experience
- Strong knowledge of social media platform (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram), Microsoft Office, Neon or other CRMs, and Adobe Creative Suite or online design platforms (e.g. Canva)
- The following attributes: well-organized, attentive to detail, proactive, team player, critical and analytical thinker, able to communicate effectively in both visual and written forms, able to work independently, and drive project deadlines
- Demonstrated interest in global health and/or international development issues
- Experience with event planning and logistics