Offer strategic and technical advice to headquarters and the field, as well as training and coaching to Medair field health and nutrition staff in emergency (acute and chronic) as well as transitional programming. To assist in strengthening, supporting and standardizing the technical quality of Medair’s health and nutrition sector programming at field and HQ levels to ensure meeting international health guidelines and best serving our beneficiaries.
- Medical Doctor plus Masters in Public Health (preferred); or Nurse with Masters in Public Health and extensive relief programming experience; or Public Health Professional (Masters or Doctorate level) with extensive relief programming experience.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- At least 3 years’ experience managing PHC programs in developing countries, with at least 2 years’ experience managing and coordinating acute and chronic complex emergency responses; such as: outbreaks, displaced populations, nutritional emergencies and/or natural disasters.
- Prior experience working with Medair in the field preferred.
- Tactful, high level communication, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Capable to develop and motivate people in a servant and supportive manner.
- Good self-perception and self-control. Very flexible and resistant to stress.
- Demonstrated training skills. Proven successful proposal writing and editing skills.
- Strong ability to think strategically along with analytical skills.