CORE Inc. (CORE Group) is a leader in global community health, working to end preventable maternal, newborn, and child deaths around the world. We have a comparative advantage through collaborative action to promote and safeguard health in communities and create new models for reaching the most marginalized populations. As a neutral, trusted platform for a coalition of more than 100 members, we work together with the broader global health community to foster collaboration and learning, strengthen technical capacity, develop innovative tools and resources, and scale evidence-based approaches to improving health.
The Part Time Senior Accountant will maintain and control the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other applicable rules, regulations and systems of internal control that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
This position reports to the Director of Finance & Administration.
General responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Manage accounts payable – Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all vendors invoices, and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with finance policies and procedures.
- Manage accounts receivable – Handle the processing of receipts, recording of revenue and receivable and ensure that revenues and receivables are reconciled at any given time.
- Manage reimbursements through Concur and GP Dynamics (Great Plains) accounting system – Prepare payment vouchers and reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Perform processing of general and administrative expenses allocations, monthly accruals, and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Maintain filing system – file reimbursements documentation, vendors and sub-grantees files and other financial documents.
- Assist Direct of Finance on other financial and admin matters.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations.
- Prepare and analyze monthly budget to actual variance reports per program.
- Provide payment status report of contractors to Director of Finance and CORE Staff.
- Assist the Director of Finance in the preparation of financial reports such as Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities, and Consolidated Summary of Activities by cost centers.
- Conduct other activities as requested.
- File and maintain CORE’s permanent legal files.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and at least 5-7 years of accounting/bookkeeping, detailed duties described in the job description, and analytical experience in a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance, knowledge of non-profit accounting and financial reporting and working knowledge of indirect cost rate or NICRA.
- Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Concur and Outlook) and Great Plains Accounting software are required.
- Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific assignment. Determines priorities and allocates time and resources effectively. Accomplishes tasks thoroughly, showing for all the areas involved no matter how small, at the appropriate level for the task.
- Works cooperatively and effectively communicates with co-workers; exhibits appropriate sensitivity to feelings of others; and focuses on task or performance rather than personality when relating to others.