Develop, lead, monitor and evaluate the assigned nutrition project(s), effectively managing and reporting on the projects in line with the objectives, time frame and budget with a focus on nutrition system strengthening, training and coordination. Provide technical support, leadership and strategic direction; manage and train nutrition staff to meet quality standards in nutrition delivery; encourage beneficiary participation, and anticipate, plan, and contribute to the development of new nutrition project proposals. Reduce the morbidity and mortality of displaced populations and acutely vulnerable host communities in South Sudan through the provision of emergency nutrition and health services in Aweil Centre County. In Aweil Centre County, Medair is currently serving women and children through nutrition and health services in 15 clinic sites and a behaviour change communication programme using the care group model.
- Higher level qualification, preferably in nutrition or in another relevant field such as nursing / midwifery / medical doctor / community-based training.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- 2 years post-qualification professional experience in Nutrition / Health / BCC.
- At least 2 years management experience in nutrition in developing country.
- Management experience in a nutrition / health context; Experience training staff.
- Knowledge and experience of nutrition / primary health care principles and management.
- Knowledge or experience implementing BCC projects specifically participatory mothers groups including IYCF in emergencies desirable; aptitude for community mobilisation and capacity-building.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, Sphere and HAP Standards.