Assist and supervise the direct implementation of nutrition programme, which includes screening, clinical management of severe and moderate acute malnutrition, community mobilisation and Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF). Provide supervision and training for local staff to ensure provision of an effective, quality nutrition programme. The Nutrition Manager is also responsible to write reports and maintain data records, ensure availability of adequate programme supplies and monitor the overall health and nutrition situation of malnourished children under five years and pregnant and lactating women.
- Degree in Nutrition.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Working knowledge of French (spoken and written) for French-speaking locations.\
- 2 years post-qualification nursing / medical professional experience.
- Experience working in a nutrition programme in a developing country, preferably within a humanitarian context.
- Able to develop good relationships with colleagues, beneficiaries, agencies, etc. Good communicator.
- Ability and willingness to manage project implementation. Excellent organisational skills.
- Able to prioritise clearly. Able to enforce procedures. Able to set clear objectives and delegate.
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills. Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.