Provide technical advice and support to field management and the health / nutrition staff. Develop, lead, monitor, and evaluate the nutrition aspects of the country programme. Coordinate and network at a senior level with national and regional health / nutrition authorities and other NGOs. Lead on all nutrition elements of proposals and reports, providing capacity building for national and international staff, promote best practice in the nutrition programmes as well as contributing to the overall management of the country programme.
- University degree in nutrition or in another relevant field such as medicine or nursing.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Relevant post-qualification professional experience in a management position.
- At least 2 years of international experience managing and implementing an emergency nutrition intervention with CMAM and IYCF components.
- Experience overseeing projects specifically participatory mothers’ groups including IYCF in emergencies desirable; Experience and willingness in training/mentoring staff.
- Experience in the design, monitoring of implementation and evaluation of CMAM programmes.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, Sphere, CHS and HAP Standards and other international humanitarian guidelines and protocols.
- Advanced planning, assessment, analytical, leadership and project management skills.