Working as an important member of a diverse team who are committed to serve the world’s most vulnerable with practical and compassionate care, the Nutrition Advisor provides technical advice and support to field management and health/nutrition staff. Develop, lead, monitor, and evaluate the nutrition aspects of the country programme. Coordinate and network at a senior level with national and regional health/nutrition authorities and other NGOs. Lead on all nutrition elements of proposals and reports, providing capacity building for national and international staff, promote best practice in the nutrition programmes as well as contributing to the overall management of the country programme.
- University degree in nutrition or in another relevant field such as medicine or nursing.
- Strong working knowledge of English and basic French required (spoken and written).
- Relevant post-qualification professional experience, in a management position.
- At least 1 year of international experience managing and implementing an emergency nutrition intervention with CMAM and IYCF components. At least 2 years’ experience in managing nutrition programmes in international public health work, with at least 1 year in nutritional emergency context.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Advanced leadership and project management skills. Excellent communication skills.
- Committed to consultative and servant leadership. Problem solver, dynamic, mature.
- Experience and willingness in training/mentoring staff.