Provide technical advice and support to the field management and the health and nutrition staff. Develop, lead, monitor, and evaluate the health and nutrition aspects of the country programme. Coordinate and network at a senior level with national and regional health and nutrition authorities. Actively participate in health and nutrition sector coordination supporting the development of quality standards and protocols to improve the overall response and participate in the capacity building of less experienced organizations. Lead on all health and nutrition elements of proposals and reports, providing capacity building for national and international staff, promoting best practice in the health and nutrition programmes, and contributing to the overall management of the country programme.
- Clinical degree (nurse or doctor), or Public Health degree. Emergency response, A&E/ER experience
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing programmes in international public health work, with at least 1 year in humanitarian emergency context.
- Experience in the design, monitoring of implementation and evaluation of public health programmes.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, Sphere and HAP Standards.
- Advanced planning, assessment and analytical skills. Good report and proposal writing skills.
- Advanced leadership and project management skills.
- Good negotiation, problem solving and communication ability. Experience in training/mentoring staff.